GA Connector has a WordPress plugin, which allows to skip several steps and integrate Gravity Forms without writing a single line of code.
Here is how to install and configure this plugin:
1. Download the plugin here.
2. Go to your WordPress admin panel – Plugins – Add New.
3. Click “Upload Plugin”
4. Choose file ga-connector-wordpress-plugin.zip (downloaded during step #1) and click “Install now”.
5. Click “Activate Plugin”.
6. Click Forms – Forms in your WordPress admin panel menu.
7. Find and click on the form that you want to start tracking.
8. Now we need to add hidden fields that will store the tracking information about your leads.
To add a hidden field, click “Hidden” on the top right:
And give it a name (Field Label):
Add these new hidden fields with the following field labels (or only the ones you need the most):
|Label||Input ID||Label||Input ID|
|All Traffic Sources||all_traffic_sources||Last Click Campaign||lc_campaign|
|Browser||browser||Last Click Channel||lc_channel|
|City (from IP address)||city||Last Click Content||lc_content|
|Country (from IP address)||country||Last Click Landing Page||lc_landing|
|First Click Campaign||fc_campaign||Last Click Medium||lc_medium|
|First Click Channel||fc_channel||Last Click Referrer||lc_referrer|
|First Click Content||fc_content||Last Click Source||lc_source|
|First Click Landing Page||fc_landing||Last Click Term||lc_term|
|First Click Medium||fc_medium||Latitude||latitude|
|First Click Referrer||fc_referrer||Longitude||longitude|
|First Click Source||fc_source||Number of Website Visits||page_visits|
|First Click Term||fc_term||Operating System||OS|
|Google Analytics CID||GA_Client_ID||Pages Visited||pages_visited_list|
|Google Click Identifier||gclid||Time Spent on Website||time_passed|
|IP Address||ip_address||Time Zone||time_zone|
The end result should look something like this:
Viola! Now your form is being tracked! Your Gravity Forms entries should contain the tracking information about your visitors inside the fields you just created:
Here is how you can use these fields:
- Send them to your CRM as a part of the form submission (see this instruction for Zoho CRM)
- Send them to your email marketing software.
- Add them to the email that is being sent after each form submission.